Sunday, February 22, 2009

Farewell My Friend




My precious twenty-year-old friend of 17.5 years is gone. Baby had been declining in the last week. I could tell it would not be long since she had signs of kidney failure. She, along with her sissy Snowy, got me through chemo. They both became very loving, and in the last 7 mos. since her sissy passed of the same disease, she had become my shadow. If I was at the computer, she was in my lap; if I was on the couch, she was either in my lap or across my neck. She slept with me every night, usually on the pillow above my head whereby in the morning when she thought I should be up, she would often lick my eyelids. She will be so greatly missed.






2 comments:

  1. Ginger....I am sorry to hear of your sad loss...pets really do become a part of the family and bring such comfort and joy I too am a cat person and feel for you.
    Will be posting off your parcel today so keep an eye out on the postie in the next little while....remember, it is coming from Australia....chat soon,
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger - I also am sorry for your loss.

    Our own Cinnamon died on Saturday morning about 1 am as Chris held him. He was almost 18 years old. I didn't know how hard that would be.

    We love you. char

    ReplyDelete