Sunday, August 8, 2010

Breakfasts-to-Go

I am a teacher in a high-maintenance job; i.e., stressful and demanding.  My son doesn't like to eat breakfast, and he won't eat at school.  I have to force him to eat something in the morning on the way to school.  My school is one mile or less from his, so I drop him off first.  One thing he likes are the breakfast burritos from Sonic Drive-In.  I decided I could save money and do better.

Here are some pictures of the process: 


Here is what I used, but you can make them however you like:

1.  Large burrito size tortillas
2.  Jimmy Dean sausage
3.  Sharp cheddar cheese
4.  Organic eggs and red peppers from my freezer for scrambled eggs


I scrambled eggs with red peppers from my freezer.


I cooked the sausage.


I put some eggs, sausage, and cheese in the center of the tortillas and rolled them up.  All done--I underestimated how many one pack of sausage would make, so I only have 8, but if son likes them, I will know to make more next time.


Ready for the freezer bags

3 comments:

  1. yum! We're having burritos tonight - but egg free. Chicken, beans, tomato, onions, and spice....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi from PennsylvaniaAugust 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM

    These look great! How long do you put them in the microwave to heat them up, and do you thaw them out before you heat them up? I also am looking forward to your recipe for pumpkin muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, I put one in the fridge early in the evening the night before we use it so it can thaw out. Then, I have a microwave at school, so we nuke it for about one minute before he eats it.

    ReplyDelete