Monday, September 12, 2011

Farewell My Friend


 




For more cat stories, visit Gattina's.

Tuesday night I found Thumper on the floor on the backside of my bed....paralyzed with his back legs.  Wednesday the doctor tried steroids to reverse the damage, but since an xray showed no damage to the spinal chord, she believes a blood clot had gone to his spine.  I had to say farewell to a young cat (5) I had not had for two years yet.   I got him and his brother Humpty Dumpty from a couple at my former church.  Their little girls had named them.  I loved him soooo much.  He will be so greatly missed.  (The same thing happened back in October 1990 to a twelve year-old I had, Fluffy Marie.)

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your lost. Our pets bring so much happiness into our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we're so sorry. Thumper was such a happy cat with his half mustache and his permanent smile. We hope it's a comfort that he really had a wonderful life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss of Thumper, it is heart-breaking to lose our kitty friends, especially so young. But he had a happy life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi from PennsylvaniaSeptember 22, 2011 at 11:57 PM

    I am SO SO sorry for your loss. Thumper was beautiful and I will really miss his presence on your blog. I'm sure your other cats are grieving his loss, too.

    ReplyDelete