Sunday, September 25, 2016

Dreams Deferred

What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode? 
I have a dream of living simply one day.  I am growing to hate Beaufort and its asinine drivers.  I want to live some place quiet.  Some place where I have no yard....or practically none.  I want to have chickens so I can play with them and have fresh eggs.  I want q.u.i.e.t.  It will just be me and my cats (however many I have at the time), so I have decided I would like a tiny house.  I even have my dad watching the show.  I kinda sorta know what I want.  Here are some pictures of what I like:




I have some "musts":  
1.  cabin-like with lots of wood
2.  full-size kitchen appliances because I love to cook/bake
3.  stairs to the loft, not a ladder (I will be aging *eventually*)
4.  tub (I'm not large, so a small tub would be fine, even a horse trough as in the picture.)
5.  approx. 300 square feet
6.  Oh, and some place cooler----I loathe this heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment