Monday, March 15, 2010

Humane Meat Consumption

Some of you know I am a teacher.  My 7th grade ELA class has been viewing and discussing the documentary "Food Inc."  It really opened my eyes to the inhumanity in the meat industry.  To do my little part, today I bought organic, grass-fed, hormone-free buffalo meat and these:


I am used to paying .99 for eggs, but I really didn't mind the 2.99 price (plus I had a .50 coupon).  These will last me awhile because we don't eat a lot of them.  I just feel better knowing the chickens get to run around and roost and perch naturally.  Plus, these were fed only natural grain.  So, we are not getting hormones or other nasty things they injest in the chickens.  I wish I could raise my own, but we don't live in the country, and with two dogs......

3 comments: