Sunday, October 3, 2010

Making Your Home a Haven

Dear Monica over at The Homespun Heart is hosting the Make Your Home a Haven this week.  Since I work such a crazy schedule, it is important for me to make my home a haven.  It is my most favorite place in the world to be when I'm not at work. 
 Here is my routine even though I work:

On Sunday night I look at my schedule for the week and see if how many after school meetings I have.  I plan our dinners around that.  Usually early in the week I will do leftovers or spaghetti--whatever is EASY.

Up between 4 and 4:45.  I prep my coffee pot the night before and get it going.   I feed the cats first and let the dogs out in the backyard.  I take my coffee back to bed for some meditation time with God.  I could not go to work and work where I do if I did not have that strong faith in Him.  He literally gets me through each day.

After about 20 minutes, I get up, get dressed and makeup on.  Then it's time to get my son up.  While he's in the shower, I vacuum.  This saves me time at night when I don't feel up to it.  Then, I let the dogs in and feed them.  Before I know it, it's time to let the dogs back out in the yard for the day and we're out the door by 6:10 am.

The entire time I'm driving I'm praying for wisdom and protection at work.  The Evil One abounds at every corner.

By the time we get home in the afternoon, it is between 4 and 5 pm.  I rest before either reheating dinner or whipping up something fast.   Before I know it, it's time for bed.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Up at 4am. You are superwoman! It sounds like you are making your home a haven, bright and early!

    God's blessings to you!

    Clorissa (Stopping by from Monica's blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day is certainly full. Please do put your legs up whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Another One Day at a Time!
    Hi Ginger, thanks for visiting my blog.
    Hope you have a blessed week and enjoy your Haven!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - I can't imagine getting up that early! I know your days are tough - I love how you are creating a haven at home for yourself and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I remember the days when I had a new baby at home and was working full-time outside of the house. I swore that sometimes I had just laid my weary head down when that alarm clock went off at 4:30 AM. I do not miss those days...that's for sure!

    I'm so glad to hear that you are able to create a haven for yourself and your son. Home is so very important in this day and age!

    Take care of yourself! Teaching is a lot of work...I know. I used to teach 3rd graders!!!

    Blessings to you,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an early riser! I am working on getting up earlier to have some morning quiet time. It's a challenge.

    ReplyDelete