Friday, December 26, 2008

Jesus Cake

My friend Monica http://thehomespunheart.blogspot.com/ had this recipe for a Jesus cake. I had wanted to do something like this in the past but never did. This makes more sense than an ordinary cake.


Take a white cake mix and mix according to directions. Divide the batter into three bowls. Then add brown or black food coloring to one; red to another; and green to the last. Bake according to directions. The colors represent:

Brown: our sin

Red: Jesus' blood

Green: our rebirth in Him

White frosting for purity

*I am not a cake decorator.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for Monday just past...and a very Happy Christmas...hoping you had a lovely week and that your time spent with your parents went well...I know what you mean about having a burden for our parents... I will certainly be praying for you and yours.. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your cake turned out! We enjoyed ours! Hope you did too -

    Monica

    ReplyDelete