Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back to Work

As a child all I ever wanted to do was be a stay-at-home mom like my mother. She's 77 years old and never held a job outside the home. My dad went into the navy at the end of WWII and later transferred to the air force. When I was a baby he briefly worked 2 other jobs in addition to that.

God did not have that planned for my life, though. He knew before I was born that that was not to be the case. Today I started my 21st year of teaching English. We had to do a team building activity, which I really hate. We had to answer a questionnaire and then find someone with at least one of the same answers. One question was, "What would you do if you didn't teach?" I replied, "Be a stay-at-home mom." Someone laughed at me. Yes, laughed. A few years ago it really bothered me because I was made to feel by some people that I was less of a christian for working, but it's not like I had a choice--either before my divorce or after.

No comments:

Post a Comment