Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ways to Conserve

I checked my electric bill online the other day, and it was lower than I remember it ever being since I moved here over six years ago: $86.00. I thought about it, and the reason is that I turned off the air conditioning about a month ago. It has been so nice here I haven't needed it. We've used the ceiling fans, and when we've had a cold spell, we've used the fireplace. We also both have electric blankets.



Does anyone else cut corners to save money? If so, in what areas?

2 comments:

  1. I do all of my laundry in one run - dryer is already heated and water is hot - saves on heating up each time.

    I have a rain bucket for collecting water and don't use the dry cycle on my dishwasher anymore.

    While I do love to conserve, I still want to be comfortable - so heat and air are a necessity to me! :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I only go to Wal Mart every two weeks instead of a couple of times a week. We do try to keep the thermostat higher or lower than we would like to have it at. :)

    ReplyDelete