Saturday, January 3, 2009

Menu Planning

Does anyone menu plan for the week? I have never done that, and my son will ask in the morning, "What's for dinner?" I usually respond, "I don't know." I think that since I work and sometimes we are after 5 getting home, it would behoove me to start planning a menu for each weeknight. This should be interesting. Here goes for the upcoming week:




  • Monday: Penne with meat sauce (recipe modified from Rachael Ray) and salad

  • Tuesday: Chicken fajitas

  • Wednesday: Chicken tenders with broccoli rice and salad

  • Thursday: Chili and cornbread (hope it's cold)

  • Friday: leftovers--clean out the fridge

I'd like to hear from any of you who menu plan.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ginger! I am a menu planner as well. I have found it to be much more effective than just guessing what is for dinner. I usually go to the grocery store on Friday night or Saturday morning. I will take the planned menu with me to the store to get what I need. A good place for finding quick, cheap, and easy recipies (I think) is the Kraft Food and Family magazines. You can sign up at kraftfoods.com (I think) They are free too:) I believe that the magazine is sent quarterly.. Always really neat stuff in those. Hope menu planning works for you. It looks like you are off to a great start. Sounds yummy. You actually gave me some ideas for next weeks menu:)
    summer

    ReplyDelete