Sunday, January 4, 2009

Turkey Tetrazzini

I had two ziploc quart bags of leftover, chopped turkey from Christmas.  I am the type of person who wants turkey for Thanksgiving AND Christmas because that is the only time of year I buy it.  Tonight, in keeping with my theme of "Eating from the Pantry," I made this recipe.  It came from my former church's cookbook from 1996. 

1 8 oz. can sliced mushrooms
2 Tblsp. melted butter
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 cups cooked diced turkey or chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. sour cream
1 8 oz. package of spaghetti noodles
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Cook mushrooms in butter in skillet for 1 minute over low heat.  Add salt, pepper, turkey, soup, and sour cream, mix well.  Cook spaghetti according to box directions.  Drain.  Alternately layer spaghetti and turkey mixtuyre in a 13x9 inch baking dish  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.  6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment