Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Turkey Stroup


 

We had a LOT of leftover turkey this year, so I headed to Rachael Ray's site to get ideas.   Now, Rachael is the one I believe coined the word stroup.   It is a cross between a soup and a stew.   I modified a recipe of hers, leaving out celery and ravioli (of all things).  Here it is:
  • 1 quart of chicken stock
  • shredded turkey
  • onion
  • carrots
  • bay leaf
  • chopped up broccoli stalk (in lieu of celery)
  • noodle shells
  • poultry seasoning
  • 1 can crushed tomatoes
I sauteed the onions, carrots, and broccoli stalks in 5 Tblsp. olive oil.  Then I added the stock, turkey, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, seasoning, and noodle shells.  I cooked it for 30 minutes on low once it came to a boil.  There is enough for 4 or 5 meals.  (remove bay leaf before eating)

For more GOODEATS, head over to Fishmama's GoodCheapEats.

No comments:

Post a Comment