Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2 of the Pantry Challenge

I am beginning week 2 of the Pantry Challenge issued by Jessica.   I am thrilled to say I have not set foot in the grocery store in ONE WEEK!

We have used frozen fish, potatoes, fresh broccoli, leftover taco meat I had frozen, and tacos.  Keep in mind we are gone at lunch, so this is for dinner.  I take leftovers for lunch, and my son chooses not to eat lunch.

Sunday at lunch I pulled out flour tortillas, frozen brown rice, shredded cheese, and a partial can of nonfat refried beans.  I had never made burritos, but it took about 5 minutes to assemble and then nuke in the microwave.  We enjoyed them and there are plenty of the ingredients left to do it again later in the week. 

Are you in the Pantry Challenge?  If so, how is it going?

2 comments:

  1. Kristi in PennsylvaniaJanuary 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM

    Thanks for the continued inspiration on the pantry challenge! I'm going to take your burrito idea and do a variation with what I have in my freezer: leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, some whole wheat torillas and cheese, and I found a can of green chile sauce in the pantry that I can simmer the chopped turkey in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristi! I have saved a ton of money in just 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete