Sunday, December 6, 2015

Gratitude

Gratitude---being grateful for what I have and the blessings God has bestowed....

I used to be the most negative person I know.  When I was in my 20s,  I believed that if the worst could happen, it would.  I can't pinpoint exactly when I began to change, but it happened after my cancer in 2007, I think.  That and the sub sequent surgeries and chemo grew my faith.  It has gradually increased until now when it is in full-blown mode. 

At this point in my life, I can not tolerate negativity.  I would say I have made a 360 degree spin around.  My life is not without its problems, which very few people know about, but it is a blessed life.  I look at people I know who have some of the most plum positions at work, and they are ungrateful, complaining people.  I just don't get it.

At this point, I am looking at retirement in 18 months......18 months.  Up until this past summer, I didn't imagine it would be possible for financial decisions I made 17 years ago.  Then, God arrived on the scene, and He arrived in a BIG way.  Aside from setting me up financially to retire, He has blessed me in so many ways:

1.  I get to spend quality time every weekend with my parents, who are 84 and 88.  Dad has been blessed exponentially, and Mother is even making inroads in her health.
2.  I have a plum position at work where I a now teach 3rd-5th graders.  I am still in awe of God's sense of humor in handing me this position.  Me?  with 3rd graders?  Who would have thought?!  Not me in a gazillion years!  :)
3.  I can impact people at work (big and little) with my baking.  He has given me a passion for baking, and dare I say, a gift?
4.  I am in good health, and so are my family members.
5.  I have 3, yes 3, part-time jobs.  If I plan right, I can work them all in the same day with my regular job.  Never in a bajillion years would I have believed I could work at home from my computer in my pajamas in front of the fire with my catavisors (supervisors).

This is somewhat of a rambling, but it is what is on my mind right now.

God is soooo   good; I do not understand ungratefulness.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment