Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Living Out Our Faith

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen."

How many of us are truly called to live out that verse?  On a daily basis, probably few of us.  Often the "test" of our faith involves tragedy or a cancer diagnosis.

I have a friend I have been praying for, shepherding, over a job promotion.  It is a slam dunk, or so it seems--until we look at the players involved.

The promotion would take the family farther away from his wife's hometown.  Then, there are the children.  We know moving is hard for kids--uprooting and leaving friends and schools.

I suggested a "lesson plan" (so to speak) for the BIG family pow wow.  I all boils down to this one thing:  is each family member going to live out his or her faith--trusting God for whatever comes.  When I look at the pros and cons my friend shared, it's obvious to me and him that God is in all of it.

"I know the plans I have for you, to give you a future and a hope." 

Will it be hard to uproot?  Of course; no one said it (or life) would be easy.  But, as His children, do we strive to be obedient to Him and His will?  Who knows what is best for us?

So, my prayer is that each of his family members grabs on to that tail of faith and allows God's will to take them to a place they have never seen, an unfamiliar place, but that, in turn, their faith will grow exponentially.

++++Update:  Since I wrote this earlier, my friend has let me know that the Hiring Manager (GOD in reality) called and changed the location to a city right next to where his wife is from.  This will make it easy for his wife to be amenable to a move.

No comments:

Post a Comment