Thursday, March 24, 2016

My Heart Bleeds

My heart bled today.  God put the pieces together, and they stuck.  They painfully stuck.  When we know we are on a mission for/from Him, we are in tune to hear from Him. Today, He put the random pieces together in my head and in my heart......and the tears have flowed.  They trickled at work, but then they flowed tonight.  I have some boys at work who need a Momma.  I won't go into too much detail to protect their identities, but I will share this:  Two of my boys have been abandoned by their real mothers and are being raised by their fathers and step-mothers.  One announced in class a few weeks ago that his real mother doesn't want him, and he doesn't know where she is.  I found out by accident that the other one's mother has three or four children by different fathers.....and all the fathers have custody.  Although she lives just about half an hour from here, my boy rarely sees her.  This explains why they love to come to my room; they need a momma figure.  I feed them emotionally and literally.  I have gently told them when they are "ugly" to each other that we are a family when we come in my room, and family doesn't treat each other that way.  We lift each other up, not tear each other down.  I have seen small changes in them. 

Lord, let me know how to best help them with what time I/we have left.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment