Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thankfulness

I have so very much for which to be thankful.  Taking one day to honor/celebrate that is hardly appropriate.  I approach each day, each morning, with a heart/head of gratitude.  These are 
some of the things that have been on my mind:


  • my parents' health:  At 85 and 89, respectively, they have minor health problems that               follow  advanced age.
  • my son's health
  • my health:  Other than cancer, I have been very healthy.
  • Priscilla and the joy I get when I see her smile or her eyes light up, and the ability/resources to do for her and her family
  • students who are like little sponges, excited to come to class and eat up whatever we do
  • three bosses who are very good to me and are excellent to work for
  • my furry children who love me unconditionally
  • my bff who knows me as well as anyone ever will
  • my home/fireplace/kitchen
  • unexplained favor from God; each day I ask, "What did I do to 'deserve' this?"
  • anticipating what God has in store for the second phase of my life and spending more time with my parents
I could go on with the minutiae because I am thankful for everything, but these are the main things that are on my mind daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment