Monday, April 19, 2010

Cats on Tuesday




Cats on Tuesday are a bunch of cat lovers who write about their felines once a week, on Tuesday.

Kitty Crack????

Is catnip like crack to cats?  I bought a catnip plant at Lowe's the other day when I bought my herb plants.  For international readers, Lowe's is a huge appliance/building supply/garden store.  I have never really bothered with even dried catnip.  When my cats got ahold of it, Snowflake wanted to fight everyone for it:














I have got to say, my cats started acting as though they were "high" after sniffing the catnip.  Above in one picture Lovey, the gray kitty, is rolling around while Snowflake sniffs.  Later, Thumper was rolling around on the floor, acting crazy.  I do not let them sniff it everyday or for very long.  The packaging said "safe for pets," but they really act weird with it.

10 comments:

  1. The dreaded weed! They look like they're having fun. Au and Target can't be bothered with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure look like they are enjoying it! It makes Rosie want to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am lol!! I have never given my kitties catnip, it sure seems to make other kitties crazy. Sometimes mine act like that on their own lol. Great pics, just remember to go easy on the weed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never given mine fresh catnip...will have to go to Lowes and get some. Mine sometimes roll on the dry stuff and then they like to sleep. Definitely a drug for kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used fresh, it almost looks like salad greens.
    Mine like it but for short periods of time. I don't give it often either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, those are some pictures! My gang goes nuts over catnip too. I don't know if I'd call it kitty crack though because once they get sated they don't go looking for it again for days. Sometimes they even turn their noses up at it! I guess it depends on the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny. One of my cats won't touch the stuff and the other thinks it is wonderful to roll around it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have fresh catnip outside my back
    door and they enjoy the fresh as well
    as the dried. Yes some kitties get
    silly, and others get feisty and mean. They get plenty of exercise
    chasing/play fighting each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed this post on tuesday, didn't you put your link ? It's strange how different cats react, I had also bought it and none of my cats didn't like it ! they hardly sniffed at it. Maybe the "stuff" wasn't good enough, it's so funny to see your cats !

    ReplyDelete