Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weekly Menu

Since I particpated in the monthly Freezer Cooking Day hosted by Crystal, I have quite a bit of leeway in the menu department.  It is good to know I won't have to scramble to come up with a plan on the way home from work.  I tend to use casseroles on evenings when I have had a meeting after school.  Here is my plan for this week:

Sunday:  Easter dinner with parents at Ruby Tuesday
Monday:  Spaghetti and homemade garlic bread
Tuesday:  Cheeseburger meatloaf and mashed potatoes (comfort food after a long meeting)
Wednesday:  Hamburgers grilled outside/homemade fries
Thursday:  Southwestern roll-ups
Friday:  Dinner out:  sushi probably
Saturday:  Steak grilled out and sweet potato fries

2 comments:

  1. And now I'm STARVING! What's a Southwestern roll-up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. For all non-U.S. readers, our country has regional dishes that originated and in some cases, are primarily eaten in that region. I'm in the South, so grits is one such dish. It's impossible to find in some areas up North or in the Pacific Northwest.

    Southwestern wraps have many variations and originated in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas based on the Mexican influence in those states. There are many variations, but basically you start with a tortilla and add meat, cheese, salsa, and refried beans. Roll them up and add more cheese to the top before cooking in the oven.

    ReplyDelete