Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Enchilada Casserole

I recently roasted a whole chicken.  When we were done, I picked off the rest of the meat and turned it into this:  Enchilada Casserole.  I did not have a recipe but looked in my pantry to see what I could use.  Here is what I came up with:

  • chicken picked from the bones

  • tortillas (I used 6 I think.)

  • 1 can of green chili enchilada sauce

  • 1 can cream of chicken soup

  • grated Mexican cheese
Here is how I made it:  Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.  Place a couple of spoonfuls of chicken in each tortilla, along with a little of the chicken soup.  Roll each up and place seam side down.  On top pour the can of enchilada sauce and sprinkle cheese all over.  Place in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.


I even had enough for the freezer.  There are 2 in each of these containers.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I never get to pick the bones as that is food for the outside kitties!

    ReplyDelete