For more good cheap eats, go to http://www.goodcheapeats.com/
My son loves Mexican food, and in searching the web for an EASY recipe, I came upon this from Libby's. It needed to be a recipe that I could *stretch* for several meals. Since I am on weight watchers, I didn't want to calculate the points for this, so it is all for him.
After his scoop taken out, it still made enough for 3 more meals, which I put in the freezer in single serve containers.
Here is the recipe if you want to try it:
- 1 can of black beans, drained (I had some in the freezer; they freeze really well.)
- 1 can chili beans, drained (I did not have these.)
- 1 container olives (I did not have.)
- 1 lb. hamburger
- flour tortillas (I used 6.)
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 cans refried beans (I economized and used 1.)
- 1 pk. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container sour cream (I did not use this since he doesn't like it.)
- I threw in a can of diced green chilis I had