Monday, July 12, 2010

Mexican Skillet


For more good cheap eats, go to http://www.goodcheapeats.com/




My son loves Mexican food, and in searching the web for an EASY recipe, I came upon this from Libby's.  It needed to be a recipe that I could *stretch* for several meals.  Since I am on weight watchers, I didn't want to calculate the points for this, so it is all for him. 



After his scoop taken out, it still made enough for 3 more meals, which I put in the freezer in single serve containers.


Here is the recipe if you want to try it:

  • 1 can of black beans, drained (I had some in the freezer; they freeze really well.)
  • 1 can chili beans, drained (I did not have these.)
  • 1 container olives (I did not have.)
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • flour tortillas (I used 6.)
  • 1 jar salsa
  • 2 cans refried beans (I economized and used 1.)
  • 1 pk. shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 container sour cream (I did not use this since he doesn't like it.)
  • I threw in a can of diced green chilis I had
Brown hamburger in a  skillet, add black beas, chili beans, salsa, and olives.  Continue cooking until hamburger is completely cooked, set aside.  Place 3 tortilla wraps on bottom of 9x13 pan.  Spread a layer of refried beans and then hamburger mixture over wraps.  Add cheese, repeating layers as many  times as ingredients allow.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Serve with sour cream.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so easy and really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really hearty dish. Bring on the cheese! Would be good with sour cream, salsa, and avocado.

    ReplyDelete