Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blueberry Craze!

Every June and July, my addiction rears it's ugly head. It's an expensive one, but one I must feed. This is what makes me giddy during these months:

Blueberries are probably the best fruit for you, nutrionally speaking. They are full of anti-oxidants, and since I'm a cancer survivor, I love them. I am eating them on Kashi cereal every morning at school, and both are so full of fiber that I am full until lunch, around 11. They are pretty cheap now, and since the frozen ones are quite expensive in the off-season, I decided to stock up. Once these have frozen on the pan, I will transfer them to ziploc bags for the freezer. This fall and winter they will be yummy in smoothies. What is your favorite fruit? What is your favorite way of eating it?

2 comments:

  1. I think blueberries are a pretty good addiction to have....I love them...but my all time favourite fruit would have to be raspberries...best eaten straight off the canes and a little bit warmed by the sun....yummmmmmmm.. also love the sound of your trip to the seafood restaurant....I LOVE seafood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger -

    Blueberries are 3/$5 this week at Publix! Or, there is a place where you can pick for free - you just pick double what you want and leave half for them to sell. E-mail me if you want to know more - I went last week and there were still quite a few berries waiting to ripen, so this weekend they may be ready!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete