Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lunch on the 4th

Growing up in the lowcountry, I had always heard of this wonderful seafood restaurant: http://www.hymanseafood.com/. We finally ate there on the 4th. They started us off with boiled peanuts. If you're not from the South, you just wouldn't understand how addictive these things are.I forgot to get pictures of the food, but I have to say it was the best seafood I've ever had, and I've had a LOT! Matthew got his prepared light cajun, and I had mine Caribbean jerk. It was wonderful.

A lot of famous people have eaten here, including Neil Armstrong, Barbra Streisand, Lynard Skynard, and Tanya Tucker, to name just a handful. Now, we got lucky enough to get the table where Senators Strom Thurmond (R-SC, deceased) and Joe Lieberman (I, CONN) sat. They have plaques on the tables where the different people ate. This is not very legible, but it is Strom Thurmond's. For any non-South Carolinians, Strom Thurmond served SC as senior senator from 1956-2003, when he retired at age 100.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great time! I am not a fan of seafood myself...but I wish I was! Looks and sounds like it was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete