Thursday, July 30, 2009

Show and Tell Friday: Antique Rocking Chair

Show and Tell Friday: When I was a toddler, my parents bought this rocking chair from a used furniture store in the Washington, D.C. area, where we lived. I consider it an antique. I don't remember what it looked like prior to my dad recovering it. It will stay in the family.
Buddy has to check it out. I had it in the back of my closet and brought it out. Now I have to decide where to put it.

Hop on over to Kelli's blog to see what else is on for Show and Tell today:

http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/2009/07/show-and-tell-friday_16.html

9 comments:

  1. Oh oh! I can see trapped tails and humans apologising humbly for rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing to still have the special chair. Yes, yes...I'd have it out and displayed too.

    My show n tell is now posted. Come by if you can find time today. I'd love your company! Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to still have your chair from your childhood! thanks for sharing Blessings Heather ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ginger. Glad to see you are going to use your family chair. I see that you are a Cancer survivor. I am on my 2nd go around of chemo. I am thrilled of course! But thankful that there is something they can do for me. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you'd told us what color it is. Published pictures sometimes change the color. It looks like turquoise from here.
    I would certainly keep it but I might put a washable cover on it so it would blend in with the decor. It looks like a great place to have quiet time. Maybe in your bedroom.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you have the special chair at your house now!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ginger...

    Ahhh...what a special family keepsake! I just love it! Thank you for sharing a special part of your family with us today!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice to keep it in the family. The color is pretty.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isnt it amazing to still have your special chair now. Thank you for sharing it with us here
    Have a great weekend

    ♥Ita

    ReplyDelete