Friday, July 24, 2009

Show and Tell Friday

Show and Tell Friday: Today I am showcasing my handmade china cabinet made by my dad right after I got married back in '91. He drew out a pattern he had in mind and voila! Notice the three drawers and two doors. It is actually in two pieces. The top part is screwed onto the base. I absolutely love it!
I think homemade items like this are so much more precious. It will be passed on to my son as a remembrance of his grandfather.


Do you have something to share for Show and Tell Friday? Check out more goodies at: http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/2009/07/show-and-tell-friday_16.html


10 comments:

  1. How pretty. What an heirloom that will be for your son. Love your kitty.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.......this is absolutely terrific. To have it hand made and by your father. Wow. Wow. WOW!!!

    Loved this post. My show n tell is all about blue glass if you'd like to stop by when you got a minute or two. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious..
    Happy Friday & enjoy your weekend

    ♥Ita

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does make it very special. I'm impressed that he drew it out and then just made it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a true family heirloom. So special that you Daddy made it.

    Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime.

    Enjoy
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really nice. I love homemade items also. You are lucky to have such a skilled father.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful china hutch. And that it was made by your father makes it just that more special. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice hutch! and precious when your dad made it for you.. very lucky! thanks for sharing. have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just gorgeous. Your Dad is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful piece. He did a great job. Thank you for sharing and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete