Thursday, August 27, 2009

Show and Tell Friday: Dolls from France

My father retired from the Air Force in August of 1967--right before I entered kindergarten. I suppose because he travelled while in the service, he recognized the value of doing so. I have been lucky enough to go to France twice in my life---once in 9th grade and once as a freshman in college. The second time I went we toured through France, including Aix-en-Provence. This is where these dolls came from. They are handmade. (*I loved French so much that it was my second major in college, along with English. I may never go again, but I cherish those memories and pictures.)






11 comments:

  1. Beautiful mementos. And the fact that they're from where your father served our country...it's even more precious.

    My show n tell is about the symbol of Native Americans today...the kokopelli.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must mean so much to you. There are very nice. Have a wonderful weekend.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice and with a nice story to go along.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful memories you have to along with these unique dolls. Such a treasure.
    Thanks for sharing and have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to have such a treasure and memories to go with it! Love the details in these dolls:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice the have the lovely memories along with your treasured figurines. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What sweet keepsakes. Thanks for sharing!

    Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime, I love company!

    Enjoy
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those are precious. Such personality in them.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful memories ~ such a sweet couple.
    Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are so special! thank you for sharing them, and their story & memories too :)

    ReplyDelete