Saturday, November 28, 2009

Free and Nearly Free at Walgreens

I don't "do" Black Friday here in the U.S.  For international readers, it's a ridiculously dangerous shopping day where retailers slash prices drastically for the Christmas season.  Above is what I got at Walgreens on Thanksgiving.  Before coupons the total was just over $25.  After coupons, it came down to $15.72.  Each item produced a register reward for the full price (except the vaseline lotion), so out of pocket I spent $15.72 and got back $19.50 in register rewards to use as I wish in the future.





Above are Ritz crackers on sale this week for 5 for $10.  I had 2 $1 off coupons, so I paid just over $8.  Then, it printed a $3 register reward at the checkout.  So.....it's like getting them for $1 a box.  I love deals like this where I can stock up.  These will be great with chili.

On to CVS:

I went to CVS at 4pm Friday.  I was shocked they had all the free after ECB deals I wanted:
  1. Degree Ultra Clear:  3.99 printed $4 ECB
  2. Phillips Remote:  6.99 printed $6.99 ECB
  3. King size Snickers:  1.59 printed $1.59 ECB
  4. Vaseline Infusion Lotion 7.99 printed $7.99 ECB
  5. St. Ives Bodywash: 3.99 printed $3.00 ECB
  6. Philips In-ear Headphones:  6.99 printed $6.99 ECB  
  7.  
  8. I got  back over $30 in ECBS, so this was a lucrative trip!

2 comments:

  1. Publix will have buy one get one free of the Ritz crackers! I always stock up because everybody eats them here and there aren't a lot of foods that everyone will eat around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of "Black Friday" before I started blogging. It doesn't exist here. I buy my gifts whenever I see something which would be nice, so now I have already everything, and am in piece until Christmas !
    Thanks for your kind words for Tchoppy. I don't know if girls last longer, because I always had girls too, but the only male we had before Arthur made it to 20 years ! That was hard to loose him !

    ReplyDelete