Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eating From the Pantry: Week 2 Update

We did really well eating from the pantry/freezer last week.  I did stop at Publix because the pets can't eat from the pantry.  I spent around $20 on cat litter and cat food.  Still, we did great because I have purposed to use up what we have, and the fact that Publix did not have great deals this week helped.

Here is what is on the menu for this week:

  1. January 10:  steak on the grill with baked potatoes and leftover veggies
  2. January 11:  Spaghetti made with whole wheat noodles and Ragu sauce and a salad
  3.  January 12:  Burgers on the grill with homemade fries
  4.  January 13:  Panko encrusted chicken for son and crab cake for me with rice and veggies
  5.   January 14:  Leftovers of turkey tettrazini or spaghetti
  6. January 15:  Eat out:  Sushi
  7. January 16: Homemade chili with Ritz crackers

3 comments:

  1. Kristi from PennsylvaniaJanuary 10, 2010 at 4:01 PM

    I really enjoy when you post your weekly food lists, and your committ
    ent to using up foods from your pantry is motivating me to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi from PennsylvaniaJanuary 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM

    Oops, I meant "committment" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. What's Panko? Herbs and breadcrumbs of some kind? Reading this makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete