Sunday, January 17, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge: Halfway Point



This month we have only spent $29.00 at Publix and Walgreens on groceries.  I have had to buy pet food, but I am strictly counting people food.  That's pretty darn good!  I have found myself  GREATLY tempted to order from here because they have the BEST tilapia and chicken breasts.  But, I have ignored all their email sale notices. I want to deplete the meat I have before buying any more.  This is a personal challenge for me.
If you go here you'll see why I have bought so little this month.

Here's the menu for this week:

January 18:  Panko encrusted chicken tenders , Betty Crocker potatoes, veggie
January 19:  Chili over rice
January 20:  Spaghetti and salad
January 21:  Hamburger steak with herb/olive oil potatoes, veggie
January 22:  Sushi out
January 23:  Turkey tetrazzinni

Snacks: popcorn, leftover homemade pizza I froze, chocolate milk.
Since it is just my 15 year-old son and me, we nearly always have leftovers.  These leftovers are either eaten another night, or he eats them as a snack after school

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Great job. I know 15-year olds are hard to keep up with on the food category as well. My oldest is going to be 14 next month and he seems to never stop eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!!! I found your blog through the Eat From The Pantry Challenge! great blog. I too am a cancer survivor, will be 5 years in July!

    ReplyDelete