Friday, July 1, 2011

Eating From the Freezer/Pantry--July Edition

This month I'm participating in the Summertime Pantry Challenge hosted by Jessica




I went to Publix this morning to take advantage and stock up on some great deals to see how long they will last me this month.  I spent $118.55, but $50 of that was on a gas card.  Publix is running a deal through the 6th where for every $25 in groceries you buy, you can get $10 off a $50 gas card.  So....I am deducting that for this purpose. 

Grocery-wise I spent $68.55.  My savings was $47.05 (for the groceries only)


My goals for this month are as follows:
  • see how creative I can be with the meat I bought today---to see how far I can stretch it
  • spend less than usual
  • use up what I have
I did not take pictures in the freezer because I didn't have that much in there.  I did take one of the cabinet where I keep rice, couscous, and canned tomatoes.  There are a lot of staples here to use up.  I did not get one of the 8 boxes of pasta in another cabinet.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more as you take the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like a challenge. I made empanadas with rolling grands biscuits and putting in some taco meat and cheese. My daughter loved these. I will be posting the recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to your posts!
    id love if you would visit my blog and check out my Summertime Pantry Challenge
    I bookmarked u so i can follow your progress and maybe get some ideas!

    ReplyDelete